In its inaugural season in 2009, the port welcomed one ship with 500 passengers. In 2015, the destination will be welcoming 9 ships with close to 5,000 passengers.
July (one arrival in 2014), September is the main season . Link To Port Schedule.
Time In Destination
7 to 9 hours
Average Onshore Spending
$37 per person
Typical Cruise Lines Visiting The Port
Snapshot Of Existing Shore Excursions
- Visit to the Mingan archipelago National Park Reserve of Canada
- Discover the Innu Culture of Ekuanitshit (Indigenous experience)
- Visit of the Cetacean Research Center
- Religious heritage and picturesque villages tour
- Havre-Saint-Pierre historic circuit tour
- Anticosti Island National Park/Sépaq Anticosti Guided Tour
- Maison de la culture Roland-Jomphe
Opportunities For Indigenous Experiences
The following tourism experiences have been developed in partnership with Québec Aboriginal Tourism, Parks Canada and the Ekuanitshit Community.
Discover the Innu Culture of Ekuanitshit
The experience includes:
- Personalized welcome by a member of the Band Council.
- Implementation of community culture interpretive elements.
- Workshop and lessons on a variety of traditional practices and crafts.
- Performances by community artists.
- Creation of traditional products and crafts.
- Boutique for sale of local products and crafts.
- Visitor participation in craft workshops to develop ties between community members and visitors.
Other potential experiences for Indigenous entrepreneurs or organizations include:
- Work with the Ekuanitshit community and Parks Canada to include additional Indigenous experiences as part of the Discover the Innu Culture tour
- Offering and selling Indigenous arts and crafts in the community
- Offering traditional food experiences
Industry partners that can help develop experiences for cruise lines in your region
Port of Havre-Saint-Pierre
Québec Aboriginal Tourism